Terms & Conditions
Submission of Information
Any information submitted will become the property of Midcoast Trucks and it shall be entitled to, and may use the information for marketing purpose and to conduct ongoing communication with the sender.
The Internet is a large network of computers, owned and operated by many different individuals and organisations. There are no regulations, legislation or security mechanisms in place to protect any sensitive information sent through the Internet from misuse by any of these individuals. You should be aware that the submission of any personal information may be viewed and collected by third parties whilst in transit to our server.
Midcoast Trucks and its related bodies corporate (we, our, us) recognise the importance of protecting the privacy and the rights of individuals in relation to their personal information.
What is your personal information?
What personal information do we collect and hold?
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- name; mailing or street address, telephone / facsimile number;
- email address;
- profession, occupation or job title;
- details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries;
- Credit card details for deposits and payments of goods;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our online sites or indirectly through the use of our online presence including cookies that collect users internet activity, through our representatives or otherwise and
We may also collect some information that is not personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else. For example, we may collect anonymous answers to surveys or aggregated information about how users use our online sites.
How do we collect your personal information?
Midcoast Trucks collect personal information in a number of ways. The most common circumstances in which we collect personal information are when a person:
- takes a test drive;
- purchases a new or used vehicle;
- has a vehicle serviced and/or repaired, or purchased parts
- requests a brochure, joins a mailing list or requests to be contacted for further information
- enquires about a product or service .
- through your access and use of our online sites;
- during conversations between you and our representatives;
- We may also collect personal information from third parties including: companies such as credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and other government entities
If you do not wish to receive cookies, you can set your browser so that your computer does not accept them. We may log IP addresses (that is, the electronic addresses of computers connected to the internet) to analyse trends, administer the websites, track users movements, and gather broad demographic information.
What happens if we can’t collect your personal information?
If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
- we may not be able to provide the requested products or services to you, either to the same standard or at all; this may include vehicle warranties, recalls and reworks, service reminders, warranty expiration reminders,
- we may not be able to provide you with information about products and services that you may want, including information about after sales products, such as finance, warranties, service agreements, discounts, sales or special promotions; or
- we may be unable to tailor the content of our online sites to your preferences and your experience of our online presence may not be as enjoyable or useful.
For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to provide best possible quality of customer service. We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following
- to provide products, services and customer support to you and to send communications requested by you;
- to answer enquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new products or services;
- to provide you with access to protected areas of our online sites;
- to assess the performance of the online sites and to improve the operation of our online presence;
- for the administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, product or service development, quality control and research purposes;
- to update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
- to process and respond to any complaint made by you; and
- to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country. This includes the Federal Government of Australia, whereby under the Australian Consumer Law, automotive wholesalers and dealers must provide private information (owner and registration data) to the Government for the potential purpose of a mandatory vehicle recall.
To whom may we disclose your information?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our employees, related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers for the purposes of operating our online sites or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide products and services to you via other parties including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
- the Isuzu Authorised Network
- suppliers, financiers, insurers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, and Isuzu related purposes; and
- any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent
- in exceptional circumstances we may be obligated under Australian Law, to disclose private information to Authorities
We may combine or share any information that we collect from you, with information collected by any of our related bodies corporate (within Australia). All contracted parties comply with the Act and are not authorised by us to use personal information for anything other than the purpose for which we supplied that information to them.
Direct marketing materials
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, fax, email and other online communication tools, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth).
If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so. In addition, at any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (see the details below) or by using opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications and we will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
We do not provide your personal information to other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing, other than authorised entities as described above. We will only use direct marketing solely for the purpose of providing better customer service for the products & services customers have purchased or are likely to purchase.
How can you access and correct your personal information?
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time, by contacting us (see the details below). Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you).
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access, if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality or for other legal reasons. Under exceptional circumstance that may happen, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
What is the process for complaining about a breach of privacy?
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it. Our procedure for investigating and dealing with privacy breaches is to put the complaint in writing and send to our Privacy Officer at the address below and we will respond in writing within 10 business days.
Do we disclose your personal information to anyone outside Australia?
We may disclose personal information to our related bodies corporate and third party suppliers and service providers located overseas for some of the purposes listed above.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information. From time to time, we may disclose personal information to some entities located outside of Australia including our data hosting and other IT service providers, other third parties located throughout Asia; including Japan whereby Isuzu Australia parent company Isuzu Motors resides.
We take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We may hold your information in either electronic or hard copy form. Personal information is destroyed or de-identified when no longer needed.
As our online sites are linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
Our online sites may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party online site and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website.
We will treat your requests or complaints confidentially. Our representative will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved in timely and appropriate manner.
Please contact our Privacy Officer at:
169 Nursery Road
MACKSVILLE NSW 2447
Tel: 02 65682888